Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus?
Cyber Essentials is a government-backed security certification that enables your business to demonstrate its defenses against cybercrime.
To obtain a cyber essentials certification, your businesses will need to complete a self-assessment questionnaire, which will be independently reviewed by an external certifying body.
Cyber Essentials Plus requires an independent assessment of your security controls to verify that you have the five technical security controls in place. This assessment will involve a vulnerability scan, which will identify unpatched or unsupported software, open ports and incorrect firewall configuration. There is also support for physical and technical controls in restricting access to third parties such as clients and suppliers visiting your offices.
AirIT.X believes that being cyber secure is a non-negotiable. For this reason, we have invested in Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus to support our IT excellence. To learn more about our Cyber Essentials packages, please get in touch with one of our experts.
- Demonstrate that you have five key controls in place
- Five key controls are; Boundary Firewalls & Internet Gateways, Secure Configuration, Access Control, Malware Protection and Patch Management.
- Requires a self-assessment questionnaire – reviewed by an external certifying body.
Cyber Essentials Plus Includes:
- All elements of the of normal package and an independent assessment of your security controls
- A vulnerability scan, which will identify unpatched, or unsupported software, open ports and incorrect firewall configuration.
- Support for physical and technical controls for restricting access to third parties such as clients and suppliers visiting your offices.
Benefits of Cyber Essentials
Essential Cyber Security
Ensure that your organisation meets all the requirements.
Before businesses can even think about getting certified for cyber essentials, they must ensure that they have the basic cyber security measures in place. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Multi-factor Authentication
- Anti-virus Protection
- Password Protection policies
- Updated Software and Systems
- Email and Web Filtering
Generally, we are self-sufficient but at times we need extra support due to lack of knowledge or time. We find the support team friendly and professional and work hard trying to find a solution that works for us.
Air IT are a very good solutions partner, easy to with work, always willing to discuss and accommodate our requests.
On-site visits are also carried out professionally. Air IT teams arrive well-prepared for what needs to be done and often able to accommodate last-minute changes.Acanthus